Become A Better You: 6 Habits That Make You Better
Become A Better You: 6 Habits That Make You Better person is one of the most beneficial things you can do in this life. It makes you want to be a better person than you were yesterday. This is the fundamental approach that evolution takes in the natural flow of things. If we observe nature we see that even though it happens at an incredibly slow pace, everything is evolving in a way that builds upon what it is now and improves over time.
So, we are going to harmonise ourselves with the natural flow of things, we are going to evolve.
Here are 6 personal habits that you can develop to build upon and improve the ‘You’ you are today, so you can be a better ‘You’ tomorrow.
1. Think Positively – Learn to develop a positive mindset about you and your life. Positivism is quite difficult to develop in the modern world, we are faced with so much negativity on a daily basis. If you can learn to think positively about yourself, about your life and the opportunities that you have, you’ll see a drastic improvement in your sense of self, and so much more of life will open up to you.
2. Drink More Water – This probably isn’t the kind of habit that you expected to see but making sure you reach the right level of water consumption throughout the day will guarantee that you reach your maximum levels of vitality. Without vitality the ‘You’ that you are today will not be at your best. Drink more water to ensure you can reach your peak personal performance.
3. Be alone, sometimes – Believe it or not, one thing many people avoid in life is the opportunity to be by themselves. As soon as they are alone, they are looking for the next thing to do with a friend, or they are posting on social media that they’re alone and want company. Spending time by yourself every now and then will allow you to reconnect with ‘You’. Getting to know yourself in this way can help you get a break from the chaos of life and allow your mind to settle deeply into your natural sense of self.
4. Eat healthily – I know, I know, you hear it all the time. But I want to give ‘You’ a personal challenge. For one week of your life I want you to eat only healthy and nutritious foods. If you have never done this before, you are in for a shock. Eating only healthy foods will maximise your energy levels, your productivity, your inner and outer health, and your brains ability to function at its peak.
5. Set goals – Setting yourself goals is one of the fundamental keys to personal growth and success. It’s no use being the kind of tree that never grows. In-fact, in nature I promise you won’t find a tree that doesn’t grow, they all do. So, you need to be the kind of person in life that grows, evolves, changes, learns, just like everything in nature. Take yourself to the next level by setting small goals for yourself each day.
6. Regular exercise – this one is self-explanatory. By engaging in regular bouts of gentle exercise your overall well-being will skyrocket. You will really appreciate how good this makes you feel. Your body will strengthen, you’ll lose any extra pounds, and your bodily functions will improve. This really is a way of treating yourself to a much better quality of life. Start with just three sessions of twenty minutes per week, and you can expand on that later if you want to.
You really should take good care of ‘You’. You are the only ‘You’ that you have. What good is it to neglect ‘You’, or to ignore your needs.
Make it a habit to love yourself, to inspire yourself and give you what ‘You’ needs. When it comes to your overall well-being, ‘You’ are the most important person in your life.